Behöver översättas till svenska….
BrandMaster/BrandMeister is an operating software for master servers participating in a worldwide infrastructure network of amateurradio digital voice systems.
- If you are a radioamateur working in digital voice modes like D-Star, DMR, C4FM, APCO25 or others, you do not need to know much about BrandMeister, you will easy operate on it’s infrastructure.
- If you are a radioamateur operating a repeater for your local area, you may be interested in some more about BrandMeister and how you can take part with it.
A brief overview of BrandMeister core features:
- Switching system for IP-enabled conventional DMR radio
- Supports the most known network-access and end-user equipment, easy expandable
- Performs switching on the Layer 3 (Call Control) of DMR stack
- Has embedded data stack (Layer 4)
- Has embedded data and voice applications
- Flexible routing based on data of global database, local inmemory cache and Lua scripts
- Event notification using messaging queues (calls, connections, alarms, messages, locations and telemetry)
- Allows to build own network based on mesh technology
The above is not in use due to ”political” reasons. But we have links into other C-Bridge based networks as UA Talkgroups
BrandMeister allows me…
- To roam automatically from repeater to repeater
- To make private conversations on any time-slot
- To make world-wide conversations with any type of amateur DMR network
- To send my location to APRS
- To send SMS and receive
- To send (and receive) SMS to (or from) APRS
- To control some electric thing using my DMR radio as remote
- Common-use applications:
- Radioamateur-use applications:
The general architecture of BrandMeister consists of three different layers:
- the first layer provides drivers for frontend-/radio interfaces like Hytera Repeaters, Motorola repeaters, UP4DAR, homebrew repeaters
- the second layer is being build by the logical kernel with an implemented routing mechanism
- the third layer are interfaces supporting communication service protocols to the WAN (IPSC, CC-Link, APRS, XRF)
All BrandMeister Master servers communicate together by the own BrandMeister FastForward (FF) high-speed protocol.
- BrandMeister is only front-end application that works in real-time
- All business logic to distribute routing lists and user profiles implemented outside of BrandMeister like a set of back-end applications and scripts
- BrandMeister supports multiple sources of routing information: scripts, databases, in-memory cache, configuration files at the same time
- Web applications and diagnostic tools are also separated
- BrandMeister uses event-driven mechanisms (MQ) to notify backends about events, in-memory data storage and relational database to get location, routing and user profiles
We are in the process of implementation of a mesh-based distributed network storage, in this paradigm all network servers will be equivalent nodes.
This is a prerequisite for high availibility of the network and will keep the infrastructure most resistant to temporary or permanent loss of single nodes.